dswitch 4.2.4 dswitch: ^4.2.4 copied to clipboard
DSwitch is a cli tool that allows you to rapidly switch between channels and versions of Dart. You can also pin a channel to a specific version.
Improved the error message when an invalid switch is passed. No longer dumps a stack trace.
- upgraded dcli version for improved logging
- Added startup logic to ensure that the correct version of dswitch is running after a new pub global activate. Previoulsy the existing compiled version would continue to run. We now check the version no. matches Updated the logic that finds a version to deal with dcli change to findPrimaryVersion which now returns null rather than throwing StateError if dswitch isn't in pub cache. This is mainly for dev environment.
- An attempt at fixing the logic that detects when dswitch_install needs to be run after a pub global activate is run to obtain a newer version.
- Fixes for running on Windows. The install process now correctly compiles and installs the dswitch exes on windows.
- Uses dcli 1.6.0 which fixes detection of admin writes when running under powershell.
- Added doctor command to help with diagnosing problems.
Corrected the dswitch use example.
- Revised the install so that it installs into an existing OS path as overwriting the version in pub-cache was causing future pub gets to fail. The error was: Failed to decode data using encoding 'utf-8', path = '~/.pub-cache/bin/dswitch'
- Added new commands to enable/disable dswitch so user can revert to the os installed dart.
- Moved the check for a compiled dscript to individual commands, so we can allow some useful commands to still run.
- Handled an exception when a symlink target doesn't exist.
- Added windows test to see if path had been updated in registry to tell the user to restart rather than telling them to add the path when it was allready in the reg.
- upgraded to dcli 1.5.3
Fixed failed release.
Fixes to the install option as compiles were failing.
We now require that dswitch is compiled. This gets around the issue of not being compatible with different versions of dart. It has also allowed us to upgrade dswitch to nnbd and the latest dart version.
Added dswitch_install as an exe which compiles dswitch.
Added check that windows users are in development mode
Added subcommand to delete a version of the sdk from a channel. Added logic to delete the sdk zip file after we have expanded it. Fixed a bug in the select options when the no. of menu items was less than the limit of 20.
grabed a copy of the fetch function from the latest version of dcli. As we have to support pre-nnbd version of dart we can't use the latest dcli. Older version of dcli contained a bug in the fetch command where in it wasn't shutting down the httpclient with the result that a dswitch command that preformed a fetch would take some 20seconds to shutdown. This patch fixes that issue. moved pedantic from dev to dep as we are using unawaited.
removed the pub global activate calls as these problems these were designed to resolve were just an artifact of my test environment.
Cleaned up the pre-compile logic so it is activated at the command level so it only happens once.
added pub activation logic to pin and unpin so now whenever we switch versions we pre-compile dswitch.
Fixed a bug when checking if a symlink exists. Added command to pre-compile dswitch after switching so that it is functional against the new version of dart.
Added configue for running all unit tests. Fixed bugs caused by having to revert to dcli 0.35
Reverted to dcli 0.35.0 as this is the last version that support dart 2.6.0
reverted nnbd migration. dswitch by nature needs to run under older version of dart (we support from 2.6) so we can not move to nnbd. Minor grammar fixes.
Migrated to nnbd.
Add channel validation for the
use cmd so that it provides a coherent warning if the users enters a non-existing channel.
Breaking change to the cli interface.
Changed the switch command to use. This bring is inline with fvm and feels less verbose then dswitch switch.
Instead of: dswitch switch beta
dswitch use beta
upgraded to latest version of dcli. released 1.1.1
upgrade was checking the latest downloaded version not the currentVersion. You may have downloaded the latest version but not switched to it. We now check against the currentVersion and make certain we always switch to the latests. Now prints dswitch version no. on start. changed the minimum dart version back to 2.6 so we can switch to older versions of dart.
Change the minimum dart version to 2.6.0 so we can switch back to older versions of dart.
Fixed a bug in the pin and unpin commands. If the channel being pinned/unpined is the active channel then we need to also recreate the active link.
Added hook to automate creation of git hub release Fixed incorrect error message.
Fixed permissions on the post release hook.
Added post release hook to automatically create a binary release.
Added support for arm and x32 architectures.
A number of fixes for Windows to resolve failing unit tests. Fix for isPrivilgedUser under windows cmd.exe
Fixed the bug where dswich would take something like 10 seconds to such down after any operation that fetch http data.
Improved first run messages.
fixed bug on first run if .dswitch directory didn' exist. fixed stack overflow on windows.
Updated to dcli 0.39.1 which includes fixes for windows privileges and dev mode.
On windows we now require the user to be running in development mode so we can create symlinks.
Fixed bug where zip not being unpacked on windows/macosx. now force administrator rights on windows. as needed to create links.
Added examples. updated to latest dependencies.
first release progress message now working correctly. cleanup of the status messags. removed completerex. The progress now updates on the same line. Update README.md