tau_sound 9.0.0-beta-1 tau_sound: ^9.0.0-beta-1 copied to clipboard
A complete api for audio playback and recording. Audio player, audio recorder, media player, media recorder, sound player, sound recorder.
This is the GPL fork of Flutter Sound. If you cannot (or don't want to) publish your App under the GPL License, you probably want to consider using the MPL Flutter-Sound 8.4 branch.
Flutter Sound is a Flutter package allowing you to play and record audio for :
- Flutter Web
Maybe, one day, we will be supported by Linux, Macos, and even (why not) Windows. But this is not top of our priorities.
Flutter Sound provides both a high level API and widgets for:
- play audio
- record audio
Flutter Sound can be used to play a beep from an asset all the way up to implementing a complete media player.
This project is one of the two forks of the famous LGPL Flutter Sound Project 8.3. (The other being the MPL Flutter Sound Project 8.4.
This fork is published under the GNU Public License GPL3.0.
If your App will be covered by the GPL License, you probably want to consider using the MPL Tau Flutter Sound Project 8.4.
- Flutter Sound requires an iOS 10.0 SDK (or later)
- Flutter Sound requires an Android API level 21 (or later)
The Flutter Sound package includes the following features
- Play and Record flutter sound or music with various codecs.
- Play local or remote files specified by their URL.
- Play assets.
- Play audio using the built in SoundPlayerUI Widget.
- Roll your own UI utilising the Flutter Sound api.
- Record audio using the builtin SoundRecorderUI Widget.
- Roll your own Recording UI utilising the Flutter Sound api.
- Support for releasing/resuming resources when the app pauses/resumes.
- Record to a Dart Stream
- Playback from a Dart Stream
- The App playback can be controled from the device lock screen or from an Apple watch
You can find the changes here
- τ Sound is copyrighted by Canardoux (2021).
- τ Sound is released under a license with a strong copyleft clause: the GPL-V3 license. This means that your App must be pusblished to the GPL-v3 License, too.
- If you cannot (or don't want to) publish your App under the GPL License you probably want to consider using the MPL Flutter Sound Project 8.4.
τ is a fundamental building block needed by almost every mobile project.
I'm looking to make τ the go to project for Audio with support for each of the Flutter supported platforms and for React Native.
τ is a large and complex project which requires me to maintain multiple hardware platforms and test environments.
I greatly appreciate any contributions to the project which can be as simple as providing feedback on the API or documentation.
Too many projects to manage. I am burning out slowly. If you could help me cheer up, buy me a cup of coffee will make my life really happy and get much energy out of it. As a side effect, we will know that Flutter Sound is important for you, that you appreciate our job and that you can show it with a little money.