devtools: ^2.3.3 copied to clipboard
A suite of web-based performance tooling for Dart and Flutter.
- Hover fixes 3065
- Fix a bug with app initialization 3067
- Stop checking flutter version for connected app in flutter web apps 3066
- Fix bug with adding flutter version to exports 3060
- Show LegacyPerformanceScreen or PerformanceScreen based on the current flutter version 3056
- Use font size from IDE theme 3054
- Lighten the area pane header color for light theme 3051
- Fix title color for light theme. 3048
- Polish UI in the debugger page 3052
- Fix flutter frame coloring to reflect which part of the frame is janky. 3049
- Handle getObject issues during autocomplete 3046
- Improve eval autocomplete 3045
- Add "Load all CPU samples" button to the CPU profiler 2943
- Migrate ansi_up to null safety 3027
- Migrate devtools_server to null safety 3009
- Migrate package:codicon to null safety. 3026
- Use selectable text everywhere in Network page 3036
- CPU profiler search: support regexp and match on stack frame urls 3035
- Eval Console Autocomplete 3013
- Rank skia shader events first in the performance page timeline #3083
- Support multi-line eval output #3086
- Update vm_service dependency. #3082
- Add richer auto-complete for use in an expression evaluator. #2962
- Refactor Debugger history view into HistoryViewport widget #2957
- Improve search and build performance in flame charts #2959
- Add tab for inspecting the state of package:provider #2851
- Add source paths to CPU profile bottom up and call tree tables #2956
- Add support for system isolates to isolate selector while in VM developer mode #2947
- Do not log eval error for _connectedToProfileBuild check #2954
- Add a secondary sort column to tables and fix logging page sorting bug. #2940
- Improve debug hover #2936
- Add search in file functionality to the debugger code view. #2931
- Add report feedback button to top level actions in DevTools #2925
- Refactor areaPaneHeader into a widget #2924
- Add network profiler response image preview #2922
- Support passing keypresses up to IDEs to enable shortcut keys when embedded DevTools has focus #2872
- Render GC and non-ui/non-raster events in their respective thread groups #2917
- Fix issue where first build of the VM Tools status bar would cause a null pointer exception #2905
- [network_request_inspector_views] remove maxLines from SelectableText widgets #2912
- Matching landing page title to subheadings #2891
- Use "fuzzy match" in debugger libraries search #2904
- Larger evaluation hover overlay #2908
- Fix scrolling with with drag #2907
- Go To Line Number Option #2902
- Fix "Count" text getting cut off when sorting #2898
- Add issueTrackerLink method to DevToolsExtensionPoints #2901
- Change to calling upgrade #2897
- Added stacked and hover card trace color/dash. #2889
- Add framework for internal features and add debugger menu options hook. #2887
- Polish to debugger actions. #2886
- Use a single scroll offset for all flame chart painters instead of having them all listen for offset changes independently #2884
- Fix focus management in timeline flame chart #2883
- Support copying file in the debugger #2875
- Add previous/next event in thread buttons to the Timeline #2878
- Auto expand search results #2877
- Fix a couple bugs with flame chart styling and zoom. #2873
- Set the correct dart:io service extension protocol version for the new HTTP profiler logic #2867
- Memory legends cleanup #2833
- Update network profiler to support dart:io HTTP profiling service extensions #2839
- Use widgets for flame chart group labels instead of custom painters #2837
- Add EvalOnDartLibrary utilities #2807
- Remove Android Memory CTA if not connected to an Android app#2799
- Fixed location of exported memory stat JSON file. #2795
- Increase size of total time column in CPU profiler #2814
- Fix bugs with DevTools title and move title code to separate file #2809
- Fix some flame chart scrolling bugs #2808
- Cleanup for performance settings dialog #2801
- Fix frame timing issue in performance page #2802
- Improve file history picker UX #2785
- Improve file picker UX #2784
- Add show/hide gc button in memory screen#1089 #2787
- Show correct mouse cursor for splitters #2783
- Clean up - fix overflow error and some text styles #2782
- Add option to load offline file from landing screen #2762
- Evaluation HoverCard #2746, #2810, #2831
- Reworked UX for tracking call stack. #2846
- Add support for older VMs, cleanup memory filter dialog and retained size #2752
- Add memory allocations tracked indicator and polish event icons for track and reset #2751
- Memory page cleanup and hints #2749
- Add support for serving a custom DevTools build #2748
- Add temporary workaround for flutter engine bug #2747
- Flame chart scrolling polish #2745
- Add selection styling to network table and cleanup table selection style #2744
- Make debugger gutter background color extend to bottom of view #2743
- Cleanup memory icons to be sharper #2742
- Memory page UX polish #2740
- Move codicon.ttf file as part of publish script to include it in build #2739
- Initialize framework before initializing PreferencesController #2737
- Fix another lifecycle issue #2736
- New UX look for memory snapshot and allocations #2735
- Fix Memory panel hover overlay leak #2734
- Bump version to dev version #2733
- Fix lifecycle management issues with disconnecting and reconnecting to apps #2732
- Update CanvasKit release to 0.24.0 to match current version used by engine #2731
- Remove thread information on Isolates page #2730
- Fixed memory heap snapshot semantics #2728
- Use new VM API for allocation trace #2720
- Support latest VMService version #2719
- Remove inspector error indicators and render error message inline #2717
- Fixed hover card in memory events chart #2716
- Use lazy list for network requests table #2715
- Delete code to fallback to the dart:html version of the app #2713
- Auto-populate call stack frames in the debugger #2711
- Request focus from flame chart keyboard listener #2710
- Fix inspector scrollbars #2709
- Fix noisy assertion error in timeline processing code #2708
- Disable error badging for the logging screen #2707
- Fixed memory search, auto-complete, and added tests #2705
- Fix tree table scrolling issues #2702
- Prevent most caught exceptions when constraints are unavailable #2700
- Run flutter format #2699
- Flex layout polish #2698
- Handle bad source input during syntax highlighting #2696
- Use VS code debugging icons in debugger #2693
- Fix bug in inspector for expand / collapse button display #2692
- Add persistent scrollbars to tables #2689
- Add a help dialog to the flame chart describing how to navigate and zoom within the chart #2686
- Fix a bug with debugger stepping buttons state #2683
- Rev SSE version #2681
- Fix lifecycle bug in network page #2680
- Add vertical scrollbar to flame charts #2678
- Add floating debugger controls to non-debugging pages when app is paused #2676
- Revert auto-selection of the inspector root widget as it causes the cursor location to change in IDEs #2675
- Add scrollbars to inspector views #2671
- Prevent SelectableText widgets in the debugger code view from scrolling #2670
- Added support for expandable object inspection in the debugger console #2666
- Support selection within the TextView and fix bug showing pause location #2665
- Stop using rounded and sharp icons #2659
- Fix issue where DevTools would fail to connect to an application with no DDS instance #2650
- Button cleanup and polish #2645
- Make layout explorer the default tab in the inspector #2644
- Added settings dialog for memory page #2637
- Bundle canvaskit with the release binary so that DevTools can be used without internet #2634
- Add support for visualizing fixed layouts in the layout explorer #2633
- Listen for logs with event history in logging page and error badge manager #2629
- Add app events, extension events, and chart selection hover card to live memory view #2605
- Correctly process large HTTP responses in network profiler #2602
- Fallback to port 0 if we cannot connect the DevTools server to ports 9100+ #2600
- Add tooltips to CPU profiler column titles #2599
- Add timeline grid to CPU Profiler flame chart #2593
- Migrate to new material buttons #2592
- Support null safe
- Support null safe
- Fallback to port 0 if we cannot connect the DevTools server to ports 9100-9109 #2600
- Remove use of Flutter service worker #2586
- Badge performance tab when UI jank is detected and add a setting to enable/disable this functionality. #2580
- Badge inspector tab for structured inspector errors (Flutter.error) #2576
- Badge the Network tab when we receive failed network requests. #2567
- Badge logging page with error counts from logs and stderr #2566
- Add scrollbar to flutter frames chart #2565
- Rename "Timeline" page to "Performance" and populate CPU profile on frame selection #2563
- Rename "Performance" page to "CPU profiler" #2562
- Support truncated frames with a corresponding
SHOW ALLbutton for faster flutter web stepping #2545
- Better x-axis labeling on the memory page #2539
- Add VM Tools screen with initial VM and Isolate statistics tabs #2499
- Add padding between columns and add minWidth for flexible columns. #2526
- Fix import bug. #2528
- Support loading app size files from query parameters and local storage #2510
- Remove use of mp_flutterchart and use new charting subsystem. #2517
- Fix null error in service manager #2515
- Expose information about oversized images #2509
- Fix race condition in service_manager. #2501
- Url and query param parsing cleanup #2502
- Add CenteredCircularProgressIndicator helper widget. #2508
- Add search and filter to the logging page; refactor filter code #2493
- Add a lower bound sdk constraint #2511
- New chart #2498
- Run pub upgrade and update VMService wrapper. #2496
- Restore socket profiling state after hot restart #2481
- Add vm service connection info and option to connect to a new app #2484
- Add selection styling to Logs table #2485
- Add support for hide=debugger #2487
- Don't reuse embedded windows in launchDevTools #2489
- Fix NPE in VM flags table #2472
- Color failed network requests with red status codes #2466
- Fix bug with Expand All control in the CPU profiler #2465
- Add average FPS information to the Timeline #2462
- Increase number of try ports when launching DevTools #2458
- Prevent dart.io extensions from being called on paused isolates #2450
- Remove the max zoom level bound for flame charts #2447
- Fix an NPE in the memory page #2443
- Add prompt for Q4 DevTools survey #2442
- Improvements to the memory page controls #2432
- Usability improvements for the Timeline Flutter frames chart #2419, #2421
- Use new routing API to support permalinks #2406
- Do not try to launch Chrome by default when running the server in
- Prevent exceptions launching Chrome from terminate the server
- Remove flutter dependency from devtools_shared
- Fix a bug causing "null" statuses in the Network profiler
- Added meta dependency to devtools_shared
- Group GC events together in the timeline
- Restore http logging state after hot restart
- Cleanup for DevTools dialogs
- Add search to the Network profiler #2333
- Add filtering to the Network profiler #2340
- Fix timeline rendering issue for async instant events #2342
- Display call graph and dominator tree for diffs in app size tool #2344
- Fix NPE in banner messages #2358
- Add "Dart DevTools" window title to web app #2359
- Rename "code size tool" to "app size tool" #2365
- Add search to Performance page CPU profiler #2368
- Fix analytics bug giving the incorrect value for "first run" #2369
- Collect RasterCache estimates from the Flutter engine in the Memory profiler #2371
- Display HTTP and HTTPS response bodies in the Network profiler #2374
- Pause should still record memory stats just not update charts #2382
- Simplify the debugger's libraries view #2386
- Make inspector polyfill compatible with both null safe and legacy Flutter #2387
- Fixed RSS plotting and plotting RasterCache data #2389
- Fix a bug causing extra evaluation for primitive values
- Fix an issue handling google3: paths #2288
- Update dependencies to use package:vm_service 5.0.0+1
- Add opt-in for feature usage reporting
- Add Code Size Debugging Tools to DevTools
- Use MIME types for http requests in the Network profiler
- Add search functionality to Timeline flame chart #2164
- Add socket profiling to Network page #2191
- Support multiple memory snapshots and support automatic snapshots #2105
- Add memory events pane and support for tracking # allocations of each class without a full snapshot #2166
- Replace heatmap with treemap on the memory page #2131
- Have the cmd-p keybinding toggle the libraries debugger pane #2187
- Add support for non-primitive map keys #2154
- Add tooltips to list items in the Debugger Libraries pane #2167
- Build with fix for canvas kit crasher
- Ship Flutter Web version of DevTools by default
- Update package:vm_service dependency to ^4.1.0
- Memory Snapshot #1885
- Added new debugger page.
- Added new Network page.
- Add selected row to TreeTableState #1795
- Add an info / about dialog #1772
- Add banner message warnings and errors #1764
- Implement scroll-to-zoom and alt+scroll for flame charts #1747
- Add sorting functionality to flutter tables #1738
- Enable toggling http logging from Timeline. #1688
- Merge frame-based timeline and full timeline #1712
- Stop skipping duplicate trace events in full timeline processor. #1704
- Fix bug causing import to fail when DevTools is not connected to an app #1703
- Update package:vm_service dependency to ^4.0.0
- Remove cpu profiling timeout [#1683]((https://github.com/flutter/devtools/pull/1683)
- Prep for Q1 DevTools survey #1574
- Use ExtentDelegateListView for flame chart rows #1676
- Make the layout explorer more null safe #1681
- Store survey data by quarter tags #1660
- Don't check for debugDidSendFirstFrameEvent when adding service extensions for Dart VM apps #1670
- Restructure HTTP code for shared use with Timeline and check http logging availability #1668
- Debugger file picker #1652
- Port CPU bottom up table to Flutter #1659
- Add extent_delegate_list supporting fast lists where each element has a known custom extent #1646
- Workaround VM Regression where first heap sample's rss value is null #1662
- Remove the dependency on package:recase #1656
- Polish SafeAccess extension methods to use getters and support Iterable #1647
- Updated mp_chart to 0.1.7 #1654
- Introduce a view for showing the source of a script in Flutter with the monospaced font #1649
- Load imported timeline files #1644
- Introduce an interface for the notification service for use in controller logic #1645
- Fix null error in timeline page #1641
- Stop disposing Notifications and Controllers from import_export #1640
- Remove dependency on package:flutter_widgets #1636
- Created CLI to write Flutter application memory profile statistics to a JSON file #1628
- Improve the error reporting on connection issues #1635
- Add import / export functionality and support drag-and-drop #1631
- Fix timeline bug throwing error for empty recording #1630
- Make the rollback help text consistent with the other commands #1634
- Introduce a rollback command that pulls an old devtools build and preps it for release #1617
- Add zoomable timeline grid and timestamps to flame chart #1624
- Use registerServiceExtension method instead of eval directly in layout explorer #1531
- Factor zoom level into flame chart node selection logic #1623
- Update to support devtools_server #1622
- Flame chart zoom and navigation with WASD keys #1611
- Updated to use package:devtools_shared #1620)
- Initial devtools_shared package #1619
- Remove --trace-systrace flag from MacOs and Linux configs #1614
- Added collecting of Android Debug Bridge (adb) Java memory information see PR.
- Added multiple charts to memory profiling (Dart VM and Java memory).
- Added display interval e.g., 1 minute, 5 minutes, 10 minutes for memory charts.
- More succinct memory detail marker (pop-up) for data points of a particular timestamp.
- Graceful resize buttons and drop-downs in memory profile for narrower windows.
- Updated exported JSON format both Dart VM and ADB memory information.
- Added timeline slider, to memory profile, for temporal navigation in charts.
- Added ‘Clear’ button, to memory profile, throws away all collected live data.
- Fix a number of charting bugs NaN, INF problems, axis scales, etc.
- Support saving and loading memory profile data.
- Add Track Widget Builds toggle to Timeline.
- Fix issues with async trace event rendering in Timeline.
- Add timing and id information in Timeline event summary.
- Improve hint text on connect screen.
- Update package:vm_service dependency to ^2.2.0.
- Fix crash opening macOS desktop apps in DevTools.
- Enable layout explorer.
- Hide legacy page content in the flutter version of DevTools.
- Fix offline import bug in Timeline.
- Use published version of mp_chart package.
- Enable testing the alpha version of DevTools written in Flutter. Click the "beaker" icon in the upper-right to launch DevTools in Flutter.
- Fix a regression that showed an inaccurate error on the connect screen.
- Fix bug causing async events with the same name to overlap each other in the Timeline.
- Include previously omitted args in Timeline event summary.
- Include "connected events" in the Timeline event summary, which are created via the dart:developer TimelineTask api.
- Reset debugger search bar on hot reload.
- Check for a debug service extension instead of using eval to distinguish between debug and profile builds.
- Depend on the latest
- Add full timeline mode with support for async and recorded tracing.
- Add event summary section that shows metadata for non-ui events on the Timeline page.
- Enable full timeline for Dart CLI applications.
- Fix a message manager bug.
- Fix a bug with processing CPU profile responses.
- Reduce race conditions in integration tests.
- Change wording of DevTools survey prompt.
- Launched the Q3 DevTools Survey.
- Bug fixes related to layouts and logging.
- Update to use latest devtools_server 0.1.12.
- Remove usage of browser LocalStorage, previously used to store the user's answer to collect or not collect Analytics.
- Analytic's properties (firstRun, enabled) are now stored in local file ~/.devtools controlled by the devtools_server.
- Now devtools_app will request and set property values, in ~/.devtools, via HTTP requests to the devtools_server.
- Store survey properties on whether the user has answered or dismissed a survey in the ~/.devtools file too.
- Query a flutter isolate for the target frame rate (e.g. 60FPS vs 120FPS). Respect this value in the Timeline.
- Polish import / export flow for Timeline.
- Depend on latest
- Fix bug with profile mode detection.
- Enable expand all / collapse to selected functionality in the inspector (available in Flutter versions 1.10.1 or later).
- Fix analytics bug for apps running in profile mode.
- Fix bug in memory experiment handling.
- Hide Dart VM flags when the connected app is not running on the Dart VM (web apps).
- Former "Settings" screen is now the "Info" screen - updated icon accordingly.
- Various CSS fixes.
- Code health improvements.
- Add a page to show Flutter version and Dart VM flags details.
- Add settings dialog to memory page that supports filtering snapshots and enabling experiments.
- Various css fixes.
- CSS polish for cursors, hover, and misc.
- Use frame time in CPU profile unavailable message.
- Fixes to our splitter control.
- Rev to the latest version of
- Remove the dependency on
- Remove the dependency on
ssesschemes for connection with a running app.
- Address an npe in the memory page.
- Polish button collapsing for small screen widths.
- Adjust some of the logging flutter.error presentation.
- Fix thread name bug.
- Support Ansi color codes in logging views.
- Add keyboard navigation to the inspector tree view.
- Enable structured errors by default.
- Fix NPE in the Debugger.
- Improve testing on Windows.
- Support expanding or collapsing all values in the Call Tree and Bottom Up views (parts of the CPU profiler).
- Support touchscreen scrolling and selection in flame charts.
- Display structured error messages in the Logging view when "show structured errors" is enabled.
- Search and filter dialogs are now case-insensitive.
- Link to Dart DevTools documentation from connect screen.
- Disable unsupported DevTools pages for Dart web apps.
- Debugger dark mode improvements.
- Add Performance page. This has a traditional CPU profiler for Dart applications.
- Add ability to specify the profile granularity for the CPU profiler.
- Bug fixes for DevTools tables, memory page, and cpu profiler.
- Link to new flutter.dev hosted DevTools documentation.
- Inspector UI improvements.
- Add Call Tree and Bottom Up views to CPU profiler.
- Pre-fetch CPU profiles so that we have profiling information for every frame in the timeline.
- Trim Mixins from class name reporting in the CPU profiler.
- Add searching for a particular class from all active classes in a Snapshot. After a snapshot, use the search button, located to left of snapshot button (or the shortcut CTRL+f ), to find and select the class in the classes list.
- Add ability to find which class and field hold a reference to the current instance. Hovering on an instance's allocation icon (right-most side of the instance). Clicking on a class/field entry in the hover card will locate that particular class instance that has a reference to the original instance being hovered.
- Expose hover card navigation via a memory navigation history areas (group of links below the classes/instances lists).
- Allow DevTools feedback to be submitted when DevTools is not connected to an app.
- Support URL encoded urls in the connection dialog.
- Add error handling for analytics.
- Cleanup warning message presentation.
- Bug fixes and improvements.
- Make timeline snapshot format compatible with trace viewers such as chrome://tracing.
- Add ability to import timeline snapshots via drag-and-drop.
- Memory instance viewer handles all InstanceKind lists.
- CPU profiler bug fixes and improvements.
- Expose functionality to export timeline trace and CPU profiles.
- Add "Clear" button to the timeline page.
- CPU profiler bug fixes and improvements.
- Inspector polish bug fixes. Handle very deep inspector trees and only show expand-collapse arrows on tree nodes where needed.
- Fix case where error messages remained on the startup screen after the error had been fixed.
- Add ability to inspect an instance of a memory object in the memory profiler page after a snapshot of active memory objects.
- First time DevTools is launched, prompt with an opt-in dialog to report DevTools usage statistics and crash reports of DevTools to Google.
- Update DevTools server to better handle failures when launching browsers.
- Support additional formats for VM service uris.
- Link to documentation from --track-widget-creation warning in the Inspector.
- Fix release bug (0.0.17-dev.1 did not include build folder).
- Add CPU profiler (preview) to timeline page.
- CPU flame chart UI improvements and bug fixes.
- Bug fixes for DevTools on Windows.
- DevTools server released with support for launching DevTools in Chrome.
- Dark mode improvements.
- Reduce the minimum Dart SDK requirements for activating DevTools to cover Flutter v1.2.1 (Dart v2.1)
- Warn users when they should be using a profile build of their application instead of a debug build.
- Warn users using Microsoft browsers (IE and Edge) that they should be using Chrome to run DevTools.
- Dark mode improvements.
- Open scripts in the debugger using ctrl + o.
- Dark mode is ready to use, add
&theme=darkat the end of the URI used to open the DevTool in Chrome. We look forward to your feedback.
- Added event timeline to memory profiler to track DevTool's Snapshot and Reset events.
- Timeline CPU renamed to UI, janky defined as UI duration + GPU duration > 16 ms.
- Timeline frame chart removed 8 ms highwater line, only 16 ms highwater line, display 2 traces ui/gpu (instead of 4). Janky frames will have a red glow.
- Flame chart colors use a different set of palettes and timeline is sticky.
- Warn users when they are using an unsupported browser.
- Properly disable features that aren't supported for the connected application.
- Fix screens for different widths.
- Dark mode, still being polished, is available. Add
&theme=darkat the end of URI used to open DevTools in the Chrome browser.
- Added showing GCs on the timeline and leak detection.
- Fix bugs when events were received out of order.
- initial (pre-release) release