UUID type, parser and generators. Can generate v1, v4, and v5 UUIDs
UUID type for Dart 2 #
This package provides implementation of Universally Unique Identifier (UUID) for Dart, and supports generation, parsing and formatting of UUIDs.
- [x] Creates UUID from string and byte-array, as well as GUID and URN strings
- [x] Provides access to variant, version and byte data of UUID
- [x] Generates RFC4122 time-based v1, random-based v4, and namespace & name-based v5 UUIDs
- [x] Implements
Comparablefor UUID comparison and lexicographical sorting
- [x] Runs on Dart VM and in browser
RFC 4122 Version support:
- [x] v1, based on timestamp and MAC address (RFC 4122)
- [ ] v2, based on timestamp, MAC address and POSIX UID/GID (DCE 1.1) Not planned
- [ ] v3, based on MD5 hashing (RFC 4122) Not planned
- [x] v4, based on random numbers (RFC 4122)
- [x] v5, based on SHA-1 hashing (RFC 4122)
- Dart 2 (tested with >=2.0.0). Should also work with Dart 1.24, but not tested.
cryptopackage to generate name based UUIDs
Getting Started #
- Add an entry in your
dependencies: uuid_type: ^1.0.0
flutter packages getfor Flutter)
Release notes #
Features and Bugs #
Please file bugs and feature requests at the issue tracker.