uuid 4.0.0-beta2 uuid: ^4.0.0-beta2 copied to clipboard
RFC4122 (v1, v4, v5, v6, v7, v8) UUID Generator and Parser for Dart
Version 4.0.x is a complete redesign of the underlying setup, but tries to be API compatible or similar to 3.x.
UuidValue is still Experimental and the API for it is in flux, please pay attention to changelogs and versions.
Simple, fast generation of RFC4122 UUIDs.
- Generate RFC4122 version 1, version 4, or version 5 UUIDs
- Supports draft version 6, version 7, and version 8
- Runs in web, server, and flutter
- Cryptographically strong random number generation on all platforms
- Defaults to non-crypto generator, see UuidUtil for cryptoRNG
Getting Started #
- Open a command line and cd to your projects root folder
- In your pubspec, add an entry for dart-uuid to your dependencies (example below)
- pub install
- If you wish to run tests, go into packages/dart-uuid/ and run 'dart test/uuid_test.dart'
There are 2 options. Directly from git, or from pub.dartlang.org
pub.dartlang.org: (you can use 'any' instead of a version if you just want the latest always)
dependencies: uuid: ^4.0.0-beta1
import 'package:uuid/uuid.dart'; var uuid = Uuid();
Then create some ids ...
// Generate a v1 (time-based) id uuid.v1(); // -> '6c84fb90-12c4-11e1-840d-7b25c5ee775a' // Generate a v4 (random) id uuid.v4(); // -> '110ec58a-a0f2-4ac4-8393-c866d813b8d1' // Generate a v5 (namespace-name-sha1-based) id uuid.v5(Uuid.NAMESPACE_URL, 'www.google.com'); // -> 'c74a196f-f19d-5ea9-bffd-a2742432fc9c'
For documentation, please visit the Documentation page. Examples are included for most functions and classes.
For more complex examples and other usages, please look at the tests.
Release notes #