Utilizes platform code to determine audio, video & photo properties.
Depending on the underlying platform version, various workarounds will be applied to fetch the fields.
Currently supported properties:
- frame rate
- duration (in milliseconds)
- mime type
- number of tracks
Additionally, thumbnails can be generated.
- Android: Optimize the logic when a ExoPlayer frame is actually ready.
- Android: Ensure underlying ExoPlayer instance is reused & run on a single thread for all operations.
- Android: Switch Metadata retrieval from MediaStore methods to ExoPlayer
- Android: Bump AGP & Gradle
- Updates AGP to latest
- Bump Glide dependency for Android
- Replace Kotlin with Java
- Various bugfixes
- Ensure Android results are always submitted on the main thread
- Do not return invalid values when detection fails. Throw flutter errors instead.
- iOS: Read mimeType
- iOS: Detect image width & height
- Prevent crashes on iOS when asset track list is empty.
- Require object instance to instead of providing static methods. This improves mocking & testing capabilities.
- getMediaInfo implementation for iOS
- generateThumbnail implementation for iOS
- improve generateThumbnail API to return a Future
- Bump gradle plugin version
- Set Android compile SDK version to 28
- Migrate to AndroidX
- Upgrade gradle & kotlin dependencies
- [Android] Thumbnail support for video / image files
- Detect mimeType
- Initial Release with Android platform support.
Demonstrates how to use the media_info plugin.
Getting Started #
This project is a starting point for a Flutter application.
A few resources to get you started if this is your first Flutter project:
For help getting started with Flutter, view our online documentation, which offers tutorials, samples, guidance on mobile development, and a full API reference.
Use this package as a library
1. Depend on it
Add this to your package's pubspec.yaml file:
dependencies: media_info: ^0.5.2
2. Install it
You can install packages from the command line:
$ flutter pub get
Alternatively, your editor might support
flutter pub get.
Check the docs for your editor to learn more.
3. Import it
Now in your Dart code, you can use:
Describes how popular the package is relative to other packages. [more]
Code health derived from static analysis. [more]
Reflects how tidy and up-to-date the package is. [more]
Weighted score of the above. [more]
We analyzed this package on Oct 16, 2019, and provided a score, details, and suggestions below. Analysis was completed with status completed using:
- Dart: 2.5.1
- pana: 0.12.21
- Flutter: 1.9.1+hotfix.4
Detected platforms: Flutter
References Flutter, and has no conflicting libraries.