An easy to use, widget based, map overlay plugin.
A simple to use widget based map overlay plugin for flutter.
WARNING: In very early Development #
This plugin was only just started, and therefor SHOULD NOT BE USED IN PRODUCTION. There will be breaking API changes.
Planned Features #
- [ ] Support for other maping platforms (such as MapBox or Bing Maps)
- I'd like to see a unified API that supports it all but it may not be possible / feasible
- [ ] Support for Pan and Tilt operations (curently disabled)
- [ ] Support for either 'Ground Plane' or 'Upright Plane' display modes
- Ground Plane will be like a sticker on top of the map
- Upright Plane will be like a 'building' that stands upright and faces the screen at all times
- [ ] Implement a custom gesture controller to ensure that the widgets move at the same speed as the map
- The controller will override the google maps gesture controlls for a smoother pan speed
Usage as of (22/05/2019) #
GoogleMapOverlay( mapOptions: GoogleMapOptions( initialCameraPosition: _kGooglePlex, // Your typical google map options here (will pass through all events - even if used) ), overlays: <MapOverlayWidgetContainer>[ // All widgets you wish to display on the map (they must have some form of default size) MapOverlayWidgetContainer( offset: Offset(50, 15), position: LatLng(37.4223705, -122.0843794), child: SizedBox( child: Container( child: Text("Google Plex"), decoration: BoxDecoration( color: Colors.white, border: Border.all( style: BorderStyle.solid, width: 1, color: Colors.black, ), ), ), width: 100, height: 30 ), ), MapOverlayWidgetContainer( offset: Offset(0, 0), position: LatLng(37.4084642, -122.0717857), child: Text("Near Google Plex"), ) ], )