A simple to use widget based map overlay plugin for flutter.
WARNING: In very early Development #
This plugin was only just started, and therefor SHOULD NOT BE USED IN PRODUCTION. There will be breaking API changes.
Planned Features #
- [ ] Support for other maping platforms (such as MapBox or Bing Maps)
- I'd like to see a unified API that supports it all but it may not be possible / feasible
- [ ] Support for Pan and Tilt operations (curently disabled)
- [ ] Support for either 'Ground Plane' or 'Upright Plane' display modes
- Ground Plane will be like a sticker on top of the map
- Upright Plane will be like a 'building' that stands upright and faces the screen at all times
- [ ] Implement a custom gesture controller to ensure that the widgets move at the same speed as the map
- The controller will override the google maps gesture controlls for a smoother pan speed
Usage as of (22/05/2019) #
GoogleMapOverlay( mapOptions: GoogleMapOptions( initialCameraPosition: _kGooglePlex, // Your typical google map options here (will pass through all events - even if used) ), overlays: <MapOverlayWidgetContainer>[ // All widgets you wish to display on the map (they must have some form of default size) MapOverlayWidgetContainer( offset: Offset(50, 15), position: LatLng(37.4223705, -122.0843794), child: SizedBox( child: Container( child: Text("Google Plex"), decoration: BoxDecoration( color: Colors.white, border: Border.all( style: BorderStyle.solid, width: 1, color: Colors.black, ), ), ), width: 100, height: 30 ), ), MapOverlayWidgetContainer( offset: Offset(0, 0), position: LatLng(37.4084642, -122.0717857), child: Text("Near Google Plex"), ) ], )
[0.0.1] - TODO: Add release date.
- TODO: Describe initial release.
Use this package as a library
1. Depend on it
Add this to your package's pubspec.yaml file:
dependencies: map_overlay: ^0.0.1
2. Install it
You can install packages from the command line:
$ flutter pub get
Alternatively, your editor might support
flutter pub get.
Check the docs for your editor to learn more.
3. Import it
Now in your Dart code, you can use:
Describes how popular the package is relative to other packages. [more]
Code health derived from static analysis. [more]
Reflects how tidy and up-to-date the package is. [more]
Weighted score of the above. [more]
We analyzed this package on Jan 16, 2020, and provided a score, details, and suggestions below. Analysis was completed with status completed using:
- Dart: 2.7.0
- pana: 0.13.4
- Flutter: 1.12.13+hotfix.5
flutter format to format
The package description is too short. (-11 points)
Add more detail to the
description field of
pubspec.yaml. Use 60 to 180 characters to describe the package, what it does, and its target use case.
Maintain an example. (-10 points)
Create a short demo in the
example/ directory to show how to use this package.
Common filename patterns include
map_overlay.dart. Packages with multiple examples should provide
For more information see the pub package layout conventions.
Package is pre-v0.1 release. (-10 points)
While nothing is inherently wrong with versions of
0.0.*, it might mean that the author is still experimenting with the general direction of the API.