This plugin is made to help you when building a launcher for Android.
launcher_helper is Androidx compatible.
It offers the following features:
- Getting list of installed applications with their icon and other details.
- Launching application and getting phone's wallpaper.
- Picking prominent colors from an image (wallpaper, icon, etc) for use in UI, etc.
Only Android is supported. Tested on android 10, pie and oreo.
launcher_helperas a dependency in pubspec.yaml.
- Import package as:
LauncherHelperclass to use package methods
- Check this Example's README.md for more information regarding this plugin's usage.
- Check documentation for library
- If you are using launcher_helper 0.1.1 then you have to include
palette_generatorlibrary in your project.
- Plugin uses gradle version: 3.3.1 & kotlin version: 1.3.0
- To get device wallpaper, app will need the READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission on Android Oreo & above.
- Changes in ApplicationCollection & Application
0.3.0+1 to 0.3.0+3 #
- Documentation update
- Introduced more methods to check if app with package-name is disabled or if it exists.
- Changed [Applications] to [ApplicationCollection].
- Added a method to update versionCode and versionName for an app as it changes on updates.
- Removed inaccurate methods for brightness calculations.
- Improved package health
- Documentation fixes
- Added palette generator, no need to add
palette_generatoras a dependency in projects.
- Can generate Color palette to use in user interface and theming from wallpapers.
- Can generate color palettes from an application icon or image.
- Provided [Applications] to better use information from appinfo.
- Calculate luminance/brightness of wallpaper or an image. Also has methods to determine brightness of wallpaper (or any other image) using dominant colors.
- Fetching Wallpaper now works with External Storage access permission
- Has a method to calculate brightness of image using platform code
- Added method to generate color palette from wallpaper
- Changed License format
Modified README.md, added a note when fetching wallpapers (to use with external storage access permission)
Constructed files from previous project with Androidx support with Kotlin
What works #
- Getting Application List
- Launching Apps
- Getting App icons
What doesn't work #
- Fetching wallpaper
- Setting Wallpaper
- Getting Live wallpaper
- Setting Live wallpaper
A showcase for implementations of plugin methods.
Getting Started #
Check this launcher_helper/example
Use this package as a library
1. Depend on it
Add this to your package's pubspec.yaml file:
dependencies: launcher_helper: ^0.3.1
2. Install it
You can install packages from the command line:
$ flutter pub get
Alternatively, your editor might support
flutter pub get.
Check the docs for your editor to learn more.
3. Import it
Now in your Dart code, you can use:
Describes how popular the package is relative to other packages. [more]
Code health derived from static analysis. [more]
Reflects how tidy and up-to-date the package is. [more]
Weighted score of the above. [more]
We analyzed this package on Jan 24, 2020, and provided a score, details, and suggestions below. Analysis was completed with status completed using:
- Dart: 2.7.0
- pana: 0.13.4
- Flutter: 1.12.13+hotfix.5