This package assists when creating a launcher. Some of it features includes: Getting list of installed applications, launching them and getting phone's wallpaper, etc.
Only Android is supported.
launcher_helperas a dependency in pubspec.yaml.
- Import package as:
LauncherHelperclass to use package methods
- Check Example's README.md for more information.
- From 0.2.0,
launcher_helperis no longer dependant upon
palette_generator. But, if you are using launcher_helper 0.1.1 then you have to include
palette_generatorin your project
- Improved package health
- Documentation fixes
- Added palette generator, no need to add
palette_generatoras a dependency in projects.
- Can generate Color palette to use in user interface and theming from wallpapers.
- Can generate color palettes from an application icon or image.
- Provided [Applications] to better use information from appinfo.
- Calculate luminance/brightness of wallpaper or an image. Also has methods to determine brightness of wallpaper (or any other image) using dominant colors.
- Fetching Wallpaper now works with External Storage access permission
- Has a method to calculate brightness of image using platform code
- Added method to generate color palette from wallpaper
- Changed License format
Modified README.md, added a note when fetching wallpapers (to use with external storage access permission)
Constructed files from previous project with Androidx support with Kotlin
What works #
- Getting Application List
- Launching Apps
- Getting App icons
What doesn't work #
- Fetching wallpaper
- Setting Wallpaper
- Getting Live wallpaper
- Setting Live wallpaper
Demonstrates how to use the launcher_helper plugin.
Getting Started #
launcher_helper: <version> to your project's pubspec.yaml file.
You can import this package as:
Use methods from
LauncherHelper with try/catch in an asynchronous method as Platform messages are
asynchronous and they may fail.
Check example code.
To get all applications & their additional information, use
LauncherHelper. It returns a List of Maps of applications with their information.
Wallpaper is fetched as Uint8List bytes through
getWallpapermethod. Use these ImageData bytes in
Image.memory()as argument to parameter
bytesto display wallpaper.
permission_handler 3.2.2is used in the example to get external storage access permission.
Applications can be launched with
Launcherhelper; It requires package name of app as String to launch them.
- Don't forget to get external storage access permission before using
Use this package as a library
1. Depend on it
Add this to your package's pubspec.yaml file:
dependencies: launcher_helper: ^0.2.0+1
2. Install it
You can install packages from the command line:
$ flutter pub get
Alternatively, your editor might support
flutter pub get.
Check the docs for your editor to learn more.
3. Import it
Now in your Dart code, you can use:
Describes how popular the package is relative to other packages. [more]
Code health derived from static analysis. [more]
Reflects how tidy and up-to-date the package is. [more]
Weighted score of the above. [more]
We analyzed this package on Dec 13, 2019, and provided a score, details, and suggestions below. Analysis was completed with status completed using:
- Dart: 2.6.1
- pana: 0.13.1+4
- Flutter: 1.12.13+hotfix.2
flutter format to format