Atmospeed is a utility library for anyone who needs to perform the following:
- Define an atmospheric point in terms of altitude and temperature and calculate atmospheric properties at that point for a standard or non-standard atmosphere
- Define a speed condition as equivalent, calibrated, true airspeed or Mach, and convert that speed to one of the other three at a given atmospheric point condition.
This library uses methodologies, constants and equiations as defined by the 1976 US Standard Atmosphere (NASA-TM-X-74335), which are identical to the ICAO and International Standard Atmosphere definitions through 51 km. This library limits calculations to an altitude of 20km (65617 ft) and is intended for atmospheric flight calculations below the stratopause.
This library supports calculation of standard as well as non-standard atmosphere conditions with a non-zero temperature deviation from standard. Note that the default temperature input is for a delta ISA temperature deviation and not ambient, or outside air temperature. OAT, however is supported by setting a boolean when defining an Atmo point condition, as outlined in the class documentation.
- Extension method to directly convert a double speed value from one unit to another unit
- Defines possible length and height units
- Defines possible atmospheric pressure units
- Defines possible speed types
- Defines possible speed units
- Defines possible temperature units
- Defines possible weight units