Alan voice assistant SDK for Flutter
This plugin allows you to add voice to your app. Create a voice assistant or build a multimodal interface with two input modes — speech and gestures — working in sync.
Alan is a Voice AI Platform
Alan is a conversational voice AI platform that lets you create an intelligent voice assistant for your app. It offers all necessary tools to design, embed and host your conversational experiences:
A web portal where you can write, test and manage dialog scenarios for your voice assistant or chatbot.
Alan Client SDKs
With Alan Client SDKs, you can quickly embed Alan's voice to your app.
Alan's AI-backend that maintains voice deployments and accomplishes all Spoken Language Understanding (SLU) and Natural Language Processing (NLP) tasks.
To get more details on how Alan works, see Alan Platform.
- No or minimum changes to your UI: To voice enable your app, you only need to get the Alan Client SDK and drop it to your app.
- Serverless environment: No need to plan for, deploy and maintain any infrastructure or speech components. Alan does all maintenance and voice processing tasks on behalf of your app.
- On-the-fly updates: All changes to the dialogs become available immediately.
- Voice flow testing and analytics: Alan Studio provides advanced tools for testing your dialog flows and getting the analytics data on users' interactions, all in the same console.
How to start
To add voice to a Flutter app:
- Sign up for Alan Studio to build and test voice scripts.
- Use this plugin to embed the Alan button to your app:
a. In the
pubspec.yaml file, add the Alan voice dependency:
//pubspec.yaml file ... dependencies: flutter: sdk: flutter ... alan_voice: 2.x.xx
b. Add the
alan_voice package dependency:
c. Add the Alan button to your main widget:
AlanVoice.addButton( "8e0b083e795c924d64635bba9c3571f42e956eca572e1d8b807a3e2338fdd0dc/stage", buttonAlign: AlanVoice.BUTTON_ALIGN_LEFT);
d. Replace the key above with the Alan SDK key of your project in Alan Studio.
That's it. Now run your app and tap the Alan button!
alan_simple_app: an example demonstrating how to integrate Alan with a Flutter app.
Flutter Shrine: a shopping app with a voice interface synchronized with the app visual elements.
For more information, see Alan documentation.