Helps with isolates and isolate communication in Dart.
dart:isolate library being available.
Isolates are not available for Dart on the web.
The package contains individual libraries with different purposes.
Creating send ports and responding to messages.
The "ports.dart" sub-library contains functionality
SendPorts and reacting to values sent to those ports.
Working with isolates and running functions in other isolates.
The "isolate_runner.dart" sub-library introduces an
that gives easy access to the
Isolate functionality, and also
gives a way to run new functions in the isolate repeatedly, instead of
just on the initial
A central registry for values that can be used across isolates.
The "registry.dart" sub-library provides a way to create an object registry, and give access to it across different isolates.
Balancing load across several isolates.
The "load_balancer.dart" sub-library can manage multiple
IsolateRunner, and run functions on the currently least loaded
Features and bugs
Please file feature requests and bugs at the issue tracker.
- A load-balancing runner pool.
- Utility functions for setting up ports and sending data. [...]
- An isolate-compatible object registry and lookup service.
- A Runner runs a function, potentially in a different scope or even isolate.
- Utilities for working with isolates and isolate communication.