Cloudinary Flutter SDK
The Cloudinary Flutter SDK allows you to quickly and easily integrate your application with Cloudinary. Effortlessly optimize and transform your cloud's assets.
The Flutter SDK is based on the Cloudinary Dart SDK, with additional Flutter specific features.
This Readme provides basic installation and usage information.
Table of Contents
|SDK Version||Flutter Version|
To use this SDK, add the Flutter and Dart Cloudinary libraries as dependencies in your pubspec.yaml file.
dependencies: cloudinary_flutter: ^1.0.0 cloudinary_url_gen: ^1.0.0
Cloudinary class is the main entry point for using the library. Your
cloud_name is required to create an instance of this class. Your
api_secret are also needed to perform secure API calls to Cloudinary (e.g., image and video uploads). Setting the configuration parameters can be done either programmatically using an appropriate constructor of the Cloudinary class or globally using an environment variable. You can find your account-specific configuration parameters in the Dashboard page of your account console.
Here’s an example of setting configuration parameters in your Flutter application:
CloudinaryContext.cloudinary = Cloudinary.fromCloudName(cloudName: 'demo');
Transform and Optimize Assets
Generate a Cloudinary URL using the
cloudinary.media helper method and pass this to your image or video view:
For example, to generate a url for an image called
sample using Cloudinary's image widget:
CldImageWidget( publidId: 'sample', transformation: Transformation() ..resize(Resize.scale()..width(500)), ),
If you run into an issue or have a question, you can either:
- Open a GitHub issue (for issues related to the SDK)
- Open a support ticket (for issues related to your account)
Cloudinary is a powerful media API for websites and mobile apps alike, Cloudinary enables developers to efficiently manage, transform, optimize, and deliver images and videos through multiple CDNs. Ultimately, viewers enjoy responsive and personalized visual-media experiences—irrespective of the viewing device.
- Cloudinary Transformation and REST API References: Comprehensive references, including syntax and examples for all SDKs.
- MediaJams.dev: Bite-size use-case tutorials written by and for Cloudinary Developers.
- DevJams: Cloudinary developer podcasts on YouTube.
- Cloudinary Academy: Free self-paced courses, instructor-led virtual courses, and on-site courses.
- Code Explorers and Feature Demos: A one-stop shop for all code explorers, Postman collections, and feature demos found in the docs.
- Cloudinary Roadmap: Your chance to follow, vote, or suggest what Cloudinary should develop next.
- Cloudinary Facebook Community: Learn from and offer help to other Cloudinary developers.
- Cloudinary Account Registration: Free Cloudinary account registration.
- Cloudinary Website: Learn about Cloudinary's products, partners, customers, pricing, and more.
Released under the MIT license.