WebView for Flutter (Developers Preview) #
A Flutter plugin that provides a WebView widget.
Developers Preview Status #
The plugin relies on Flutter's new mechanism for embedding Android and iOS views. As that mechanism is currently in a developers preview, this plugin should also be considered a developers preview.
To use this plugin on iOS you need to opt-in for the embedded views preview by
adding a boolean property to the app's
Info.plist file, with the key
and the value
Opt-in to the embedded views preview by adding a boolean property to the app's
with the key
io.flutter.embedded_views_preview and the value
webview_flutter as a dependency in your pubspec.yaml file.
You can now include a WebView widget in your widget tree. See the WebView widget's Dartdoc for more details on how to use the widget.
- Fixed a memory leak on Android - the WebView was not properly disposed.
- Add clearCache method to WebView controller.
- Log a more detailed warning at build time about the previous AndroidX migration.
- Added CookieManager to interface with WebView cookies. Currently has the ability to clear cookies.
- Breaking change. Migrate from the deprecated original Android Support Library to AndroidX. This shouldn't result in any functional changes, but it requires any Android apps using this plugin to also migrate if they're using the original support library.
- (BREAKING CHANGE) Renamed the
- Added a reload method to the WebView controller.
- Added a
currentUrlaccessor for the WebView controller to look up what URL is being displayed.
- Fix null crash when initialUrl is unset on iOS.
- Add goBack, goForward, canGoBack, and canGoForward methods to the WebView controller.
- Fix case for "FLTWebViewFlutterPlugin" (iOS was failing to buld on case-sensitive file systems).
- Initial release.
Demonstrates how to use the webview_flutter plugin.
Getting Started #
For help getting started with Flutter, view our online documentation.
Use this package as a library
1. Depend on it
Add this to your package's pubspec.yaml file:
dependencies: webview_flutter_navfix: ^0.3.3+1
2. Install it
You can install packages from the command line:
$ flutter pub get
Alternatively, your editor might support
flutter pub get.
Check the docs for your editor to learn more.
3. Import it
Now in your Dart code, you can use:
Describes how popular the package is relative to other packages. [more]
Code health derived from static analysis. [more]
Reflects how tidy and up-to-date the package is. [more]
Weighted score of the above. [more]
We analyzed this package on Oct 16, 2019, and provided a score, details, and suggestions below. Analysis was completed with status completed using:
- Dart: 2.5.1
- pana: 0.12.21
- Flutter: 1.9.1+hotfix.4
Detected platforms: Flutter
References Flutter, and has no conflicting libraries.