flame 0.29.3 flame: ^0.29.3 copied to clipboard
A minimalist Flutter game engine, provides a nice set of somewhat independent modules you can choose from.
A minimalistic Flutter game engine.
We have a Flame help channel on Fireslime's Discord, join it here.
We also have a FAQ, so please search for your question there first.
The goal of this project is to provide a complete set of out-of-the-way solutions for the common problems every game developed in Flutter will share.
Currently it provides you with:
- a game loop
- a component/object system
- bundles a physics engine (box2d)
- audio support
- effects and particles
- gesture and input support
- images, sprites and sprite sheets
- basic Rive support
- and a few other utilities to make development easier
You can use whichever ones you want, as they are all somewhat independent.
The simplest way to show us your support is by giving the project a star.
You can also support us by becoming a patron on Patreon:
Or by making a single donation by buying us a coffee:
You can also show on your repository that your game is made with Flame by using one of the following badges:
[![Powered by Flame](https://img.shields.io/badge/Powered%20by-%F0%9F%94%A5-orange.svg)](https://flame-engine.org) [![Powered by Flame](https://img.shields.io/badge/Powered%20by-%F0%9F%94%A5-orange.svg?style=flat-square)](https://flame-engine.org) [![Powered by Flame](https://img.shields.io/badge/Powered%20by-%F0%9F%94%A5-orange.svg?style=for-the-badge)](https://flame-engine.org)
Warning: This is a historical branch! We are working on bringing Flame to its first stable version; updates on
0.x versions are frozen, except for bugs. If you want to contribute on this version, by sure that it is a bugfix. For contributions for the stable version, your PR must point to the
develop branch and by sure to talk about your contribution to the team, which is accessible on Discord.
Any help is appreciated! Comments, suggestions, issues, PRs.
Have you found a bug or have a suggestion of how to enhance Flame, open an issue and we will take a look at it as soon as possible.
Do you want to contribute with a PR? PRs are always welcome, just be sure to create it from the
develop branch and follow the checklist which will appear when you open it.
Getting started #
Check out this great series of articles/tutorials written by Alekhin
- Create a Mobile Game with Flutter and Flame – Beginner Tutorial
- 2D Casual Mobile Game Tutorial – Step by Step with Flame and Flutter (Part 1 of 5)
- Game Graphics and Animation Tutorial – Step by Step with Flame and Flutter (Part 2 of 5)
- Views and Dialog Boxes Tutorial – Step by Step with Flame and Flutter (Part 3 of 5)
- Scoring, Storage, and Sound Tutorial – Step by Step with Flame and Flutter (Part 4 of 5)
- Game Finishing and Packaging Tutorial – Step by Step with Flame and Flutter (Part 5 of 5)
We also offer a curated list of Games, Libraries and Articles over at awesome-flame.
Note that some of the articles might be slightly outdated, but they are still useful.
The complete documentation can be found here.
The official site for Flame, which also contains the documentation can be found here.