A widget for swiping through a deck of cards with gestures or buttons.
This package was inspired when I was trying to develop a Tinder-like app that involved swiping options to the left or right. I assumed that a package existed for such a popular functionality, but I searched the internet and could only find bits and pieces of different implementations that were confusing, complicated, and down right bad. This package aims to be an easy-to-use and customizable way to implement that functionality, and will hopefully save you a great amount of time!
The SwipingCardDeck widget offers a variety of unique features:
- Swipe through cards by dragging or using buttons to hook into the public swipeLeft and swipeRight functions.
- Provide custom callback functions for when the deck is empty and for each swiping direction, which also pass in the original Card object.
- Use custom Cards of any shape, size, or content.
- Optimized performance by rendering top two cards at a time, allowing for large decks with no decrease in user experience.
- A variety of exposed properties allow for a swiping experience that can be designed for any need.
- Great for any Tinder-like decision making application.
To create a deck of any widget, use the generic SwipingDeck class with templating!
What this package doesn't support:
- Vertical swiping
Constructing a SwipingCardDeck with two cards and two buttons that can be used for swiping. Callback functions print out debugging information. The parameters minimumVelocity, rotationFactor, swipeThreshold, and swipeAnimationDuration are all optional, but are set to the default values which work well for most use cases.
SwipingCardDeck( cardDeck: <Card>[ Card( color: Colors.red, child: const SizedBox(height: 300, width: 200,) ), Card( color: Colors.green, child: const SizedBox(height: 300, width: 200,) ), ], onDeckEmpty: () => debugPrint("Card deck empty"), onLeftSwipe: (Card card, List<Card> cardDeck, int cardsSwiped) => debugPrint("Swiped left!"), onRightSwipe: (Card card, List<Card> cardDeck, int cardsSwiped) => debugPrint("Swiped right!"), swipeThreshold: MediaQuery.of(context).size.width / 4, minimumVelocity: 1000, cardWidth: 200, rotationFactor: 0.8 / 3.14, swipeAnimationDuration: const Duration(milliseconds: 500), );
Issues and suggestions
This package is being actively maintained and developed. To submit ideas, issues, or suggestions, create an issue in the GitHub repository.
Thank you for your interest in contributing! To get started, read through the documentation in CONTRIBUTING. There are always new issues coming so be sure to check back often, and if there's something you want to work on but there's no issue, just open one yourself!