Internationalization plugin for Flutter
This plugin provides:
- i18n widgets already prepare to hold internationalized string.
- API to fetch internationalized strings.
- Command line interface that does everything for you, just need to take care of translating your app.
Generate Flutter language files
You can either generate the files manually following the naming convention
strings_<locale>.json where locale
is the ISO 639-1 language code or execute the following command:
flutter pub run native_i18n_flutter_plugin generateLangFiles -o <folder_for_language_files> -i <language_code_comma_separated
The first language specified will be set to be the default.
flutter pub run native_i18n_flutter_plugin generateLangFiles -o lang -i en,es,de
Generate native language files
In order to have it ready, you need to generate the language files for each platform, therefore, you need to run the following command:
flutter pub run native_i18n_flutter_plugin generateNative -i <folder_for_flutter_language_files> [--watch]
The command above will generate the necessary files for each platform (check Supported Platforms) although there are extra steps you need to follow you can use it.
No extra steps needed, it works out-of-the-box
If you have included a new language in your app, you need to add the localize file into the building process, therefore, you have to do the following:
Runner.xcworkspacefile with XCode
In the project overview, you need to right click on the Runner folder and then click on Add files to "Runner" option
Inside of the Runner folder, there are one folder per language with the following format
<locale>.lprojso you need to add each file inside of that folder so when Flutter builds your app, those file will be included as well.
Generate Dart class with keys as static properties
Sometimes is hard to remember all the keys, so what if the IDE you are using to create your app can remind you those keys. That's what this command is for, so just run the following command and enjoy the magic:
flutter pub run native_i18n_flutter_plugin generateClass -i <folder_for_flutter_language_files> -o <location_for_your_class> [--watch]
Generate Dart class and Native files with only one command
If you want to generate everything just with one command, here it is:
flutter pub run native_i18n_flutter_plugin generate -i <folder_for_flutter_language_files> -o <location_for_your_class> [--watch]
- Generate class containing the language strings keys so can be used with IDE autocompletion. ✅
- Formatted strings. ✅
- Added watch flag so the command line will run whenever a file is change. ✅
- Strings pluralization.
- Foreign Function Interface for interoperability with the C programming language. [...]
- HTML elements and other resources for web-based applications that need to interact with the browser and the DOM (Document Object Model). [...]
- Utility methods to efficiently manipulate typed JSInterop objects in cases where the name to call is not known at runtime. You should only use these methods when the same effect cannot be achieved with @JS annotations. These methods would be extension methods on JSObject if Dart supported extension methods.