Selected algorithms from the book "Astronomical Algorithms" by Jean Meeus, following the second edition, copyright 1998, with corrections as of August 10, 2009.
This Dart library is port of the original Go code written by Sonia Keys and available at https://github.com/soniakeys/meeus. Many (in fact most) of the functions have not yet been ported. Pull requests of any functions and their tests ported will be gladly accepted.
Algorithms are implemented in separate libraries, one for each chapter of the
book. There is also a library
meeus which exports all the libraries. It is
recommended to import only the libraries you need using the
as keyword, as
the names of functions are not always clear without knowing the library name.
There is also a library "base" with additional functions that may not be described
in the book but are useful with multiple other libraries.
See installation instructions on pub.dev
We recommend only importing the libraries you need:
import 'package:meeus/julian.dart' as julian; import 'package:meeus/moonillum.dart' as moonillum;
Copyright and license
All software in this repository is copyright Shawn Lauzon and licensed with the MIT license.
- Apsis: Chapter 50, Perigee and apogee of the Moon
- Base: Functions and other definitions useful with multiple packages. [...]
- Julian: Chapter 7, Julian day. [...]
- Dart implementations of algorithms from the book "Astronomical Algorithms" by Jean Meeus. [...]
- Moonillum: Chapter 48, Illuminated Fraction of the Moon's Disk [...]
- Moonmaxdec: Chapter 52, Maximum Declinations of the Moon
- Moonnode: Chapter 51, Passages of the Moon through the Nodes.
- Moonphase: Chapter 49, Phases of the Moon
- Moonposition: Chapter 47, Position of the Moon.
- Nutation: Chapter 22, Nutation and the Obliquity of the Ecliptic.
- Parallactic: Chapter 14, The Parallactic Angle, and three other Topics.
- Sidereal: Chapter 12, Sidereal Time at Greenwich.
- Solar: Chapter 25, Solar Coordinates. [...]