The interface definition for a PureMVC MultiCore Observer.
In PureMVC, IObserver implementors assume these responsibilities:
- Encapsulate the notification (callback) method of the interested object.
- Encapsulate the notification context (this) of the interested object.
- Provide methods for setting the interested object's notification method and context.
- Provide a method for notifying the interested object.
The Observer Pattern as implemented within PureMVC exists to support publish/subscribe communication between actors.
An IObserver is an object that encapsulates information about an interested object with a notification (callback) method that should be called when an INotification is broadcast. The IObserver then acts as a conduit for notifying the interested object.
- hashCode → int
The hash code for this object. [...]
- notifyContext ↔ Object
This IObserver's notifyContext (i.e., caller)
read / write
- notifyMethod ↔ Function
This IObserver's notifyMethod (i.e., callback)
read / write
- runtimeType → Type
A representation of the runtime type of the object.
Object object) → bool
- Compare a given object to the notifyContext (caller) object. [...]
) → Object
- Get the notification context. [...]
) → Function
- Get the notification method. [...]
Invocation invocation) → dynamic
Invoked when a non-existent method or property is accessed. [...]
INotification note) → void
- Notify the interested object. [...]
Object caller) → void
- Set the notification context. [...]
Function callback) → void
- Set the notification method. [...]
) → String
A string representation of this object. [...]