The interface definition for a PureMVC MultiCore Mediator.
In PureMVC, IMediator implementors assume these responsibilities:
- Implement a common method which returns a list of all INotifications the IMediator has interest in.
- Implement a notification (callback) method for handling INotifications.
- Implement methods that are called when the IMediator is registered or removed from an IView.
Additionally, IMediators typically:
- Act as an intermediary between one or more view components and the rest of the application.
- Place Event listeners on view components, and implement handlers which often send INotifications or interact with IProxys to post or retrieve data.
- Receive INotifications, (typically containing data) and updating view components in response.
When an IMediator is registered with the IView, the IMediator's listNotificationInterests method is called The IMediator will return a List of INotification names which it wishes to be notified about.
The IView will then create an IObserver object encapsulating that IMediator's and its handleNotification method and register the IObserver for each INotification name returned by the IMediator's listNotificationInterests method.
) → String
- Get the IMediator instance's name. [...]
) → dynamic
- Get the IMediator's viewComponent. [...]
INotification note) → void
- Handle an INotification. [...]
String key) → void
Initialize this INotifier instance. [...]
) → List< String>
- List INotification interests. [...]
Invocation invocation) → dynamic
Invoked when a non-existent method or property is accessed. [...]
) → void
- Called by the IView when the IMediator is registered.
) → void
- Called by the IView when the IMediator is removed.
String noteName, [dynamic body, String type]) → void
Send an INotification. [...]
dynamic viewComponent) → void
Set the IMediator's
) → String
A string representation of this object. [...]